Friday, July 3, 2009

Ship


The only wind Coby could find out of the shipping lanes is slightly SE. It is not enough for the windvane, so he was at the tiller 10 hours straight.  Exhausting. He felt safe, ready to go to bed, and took one more look at the horizon --- and for the first time in two and a half weeks, there was a ship! Startling with its immensity and bright lights. But it was well within the shipping lane, where it belonged, on a parallel course.

Picture of his tiller

I still don't have my ticket to meet him in Hawaii -- we're waiting to see when the wind brings him closer before I buy a ticket. We are also debating which island, which moorage. Thank you to Dave, Roger, and John for your advice. 

2 comments:

  1. I will pray for wind, and for the inevitably perfect timing of Katja's ticket! Love, Barnaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that emotion Love, S&M aka STS & BL

    ReplyDelete