Thursday, July 9, 2009

Close

Thursday @ 20:31

latitude 22 04.1 N longitude 155 38.7 W 
close. soon. heading a bit south to make sure am out of lanes overnight.
He will be setting an alarm to look around quite frequently, just to make sure. 

Put the route to port on GPS -- shows up as pink line -- been looking and looking, and can't find it on the water! Where is it?

Coby will probably heave to Friday in order to not arrive after dark (which comes earlier in the tropics than Northern summer). I am flying to Hawaii early Friday morning with my miles, and should be there in Kaniohe, Oahu, HI to greet him when he comes in, si Dios quiere, on Saturday. Giddy. Need to stop blogging and pack.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the crossing Coby! I wanted to meet you upon your arrival, but I will be in a bicycle race on Kauai returning to Oahu Sunday night.I talked with Roger at River City Sailing, and he let me know of your trip. Please let me know if there is anything I can do on this end while you are on Oahu. My email is john4bho@mac.com. Shoot me an email and I can give you my number. I have a Condo on the water in Hawaii Kai if you need place to stay. I have surfboards and kayaks if you want to do something other then sailing.

    Aloha, John Climaldi

    ReplyDelete