Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday 6/18 15:38

Got this message around 3:30 Thursday afternoon:

40 02N, 131 45W
closehauled brgSW 20-25 knots rough ride sitting on floor to read book.

He called a little later, because he realized this might sound scary, but said it was fine. 
Phone reception spotty, though, because he had the hatch cover closed due to excessive spray. 

We are having challenges with him getting my messages and emails -- it is causing us to burn up precious voice minutes. Me calling him is so expensive, I used up a small calling card before I had even made connection! Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. I fitted an external satellite antenna to my Dana, might be worth thinking about. That way I got incoming text messages etc very well and I could talk in the comfort of my bunk!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paul. We'll check that out. -- Katja

    ReplyDelete