Saturday, June 6, 2009

Departure planned Sunday from Portland

(Katja writing)
Due in part to my food poisoning episode this week, we have pushed the departure back one day to Sunday the 7th, early. I will go down the Columbia River with Coby, a two day agenda. 

Blessedly, our change in plans enabled us to have a relaxing dinner with Ali and get a good night's sleep. Today we are doing everything we would have done until the wee hours -- we are trying not to add any extra tasks with the extra time. Breathe.

Plan to rest and re-test communication systems in Astoria. Then Wednesday morning, I will disembark, and Coby, si Díos quiere, will cross the bar. I can wave from an observation tower. The river is so wide that we will need binoculars to see each other.

He received a wonderful waterproof video camera from a friend, and a waterproof film camera from another. We will have to wait until he makes port to see the images; he will be sending me test messages of 160 characters max. We have sheets of text abbreviations and acronyms to help us. I'll post the public portion of these messages here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment